Videos are hosted via Vimeo. Please ensure to whitelist Vimeo.com if you are unable to view the Welcome video above.
You will have 12 months from your date of enrolment to complete this training. After completion, your access to this material will remain available to reference for the remainder of the duration.
Welcome to TaxBanter’s Tax Fundamentals module on Business and Investment Structures.
At the conclusion of this training, attendees should be able to:
- be able to identify relevant issues that should be considered in making any business or investment structuring decision;
- gain a basic understanding of the tax treatment and legal principles underpinning sole traders, partnerships, trusts and companies;
- develop an ability to evaluate the often competing benefits and disadvantages of various business and investment structures;
- be able to make an informed choice when choosing a particular business or investment structure;
- understand the application, operation, and purpose behind selected structures currently in operation; and
- request certain documents (for example a discretionary trust deed or a partnership agreement) from clients and/or their legal advisers.
The currency of this resource material is at 15 October 2021.
Each video must be played to completion at least once. Videos you have already watched can be replayed at any time.
To complete the training simply work through each section in order. Ensure you click ‘Mark complete and proceed‘ when prompted to have it count toward your completion rate.
- Videos automatically pause when the learner switches to another window and resume when switched back.
This promotes learner engagement and minimises distruption.
- Certificate upon completion stating date of completion and CPD points earned.
- Pop quizzes and a final assessment.
- Practice Tips – visuals from the previous video you can click to download.
Best of luck!
The TaxBanter Team